The ease of deploying high quality pixel-streamed content cross-device comes at a cost, that is, hosting costs (paid for in $YOM - read more on rendering). Until YOM has launched its peer-to-peer rendering network, we recommend that Creators start their metaverse journey by first conceptualizing monetization strategies to crowdfund the development of their metaspaces.
Essentially, we provide a toolkit for pay-to-play and play-to-earn models and product placement. Important to note is that the pay-to-pay and play-to-earn models are monetization tools and therefore do not necessarily require $YOM.

Product placement

Via the Replicator SDK, Brands can incentivize other Brands and Creators to place their content inside of their metaspace. A metaspace can be filled with interactable products that correspond to the virtual equivalent of a branded physical item. Creators and Explorers receive 97.5% as product placement / play-to-earn rewards in $YOM. The other 2.5% are retained by YOM to improve the ecosystem.


The second model that YOM introduces is the Play-to-Earn mechanic. This model gives Creators the ability to incentivise Explorers with tokens to exert efforts towards contribution and participation in their own community specific within metaspaces on YOM, thereby creating a mutually beneficial system where every participant is fairly compensated for its efforts.
Using the the Bridge dApp and the Replicator SDK, tokens (e.g. NFT collectables) can be awarded to Explorers based on their usage, activity and efforts made within a metaspace. An example of this is a Creator that rewards Explorers when wearing a branded outfit or activating others to join a particular event in a metaspace on YOM.


NFT collectables can be virtual items and merchandise and/or tickets or passes. To succesfully sell any of these, Creators can leverage the power of Unreal Engine to create and add interaction to them. After creation, these collectables can provide gated access in the form of tickets or passes inside of metaspaces (based on their unique IDs).
There are more fine-grained models to making a living in the metaverse. We enable these via the concept of chargeables. Chargeables are a type of NFT collectables that, after distribution, can be charged by Explorers with tokens in exchange for certain perks of features. In fact, they are the opposite of Play-to-Earn, whereby the Explorer pays Creator instead.
An example of this is a performer who releases a branded virtual sweater as an NFT collectable that in addition to giving unlimited access to all of her future virtual performances enables Explorers to partake in future revenues. Similarly, a fashion brand may organize a loyalty campaign where the owners of the most charged virtual sneakers receive discounts and can also run faster.
The key benefit of chargeables is that every chargeable can have its own unique utility. This way each chargeable can isolate one or more attributes which in most crypto projects are usually combined into a single token, i.e. disconnecting voting weight from yield. To clarify, we categorized several possible use cases of chargeables that Creators may come up with:
Item properties
Alters the attributes or the behavior of the collectable inside of a metaspace.
Gives you the option to partake in a subscription by charging your collectable
Provides (fine-grained) early access to collections, metaspaces or demarcated areas within a metaspace.
Loyalty rewards
Provides loyalty rewards or leaderboard status corresponding to the amount of tokens charged.
Lottery odds
Increases the odd of receiving airdrop rewards to the holder of the collectable.
Revenue sharing
Provides the holder with royalties if the charged collectable is also a membership.
Voting rights
Provides voting rights corresponding to the amount of tokens charged.
Whenever an Explorer sends tokens to a chargeable, 2.5% of it is perma-locked during the charging process while most is redirected back to the creator of the chargeable.